I suggest you ...

Display how many people have added your story to their reading list.

We can see how many reads, comments, and votes our stories have. But it's impossible to know how many users have added our stories to their reading lists.

Personally, I would like to know how many times my story has been shelved. I know that a notification is sent to me whenever someone adds my story to their reading lists. But I can't see them collectively. It's tiresome to scroll through my notifications just to count them, especially for those who have been on Wattpad for more than a year.

So what I'm asking is that, there should be a number beside each of our story showing us how many times it has been added to other people's reading list. And it'll also be great if the owner of the book can see in what reading list did users shelved his/her book.

1,567 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JohannaJohanna shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • TaynuTaynu commented  · 

I agree. Encourages us to progress further

• Anonymous commented  · 

ive gotten SO many notification when someone added their book to their reading list yet when i see how many people did it seems like it doesnt quite matches 0_0

• infinite-oceaninfinite-ocean commented  · 

This isn't a thing, what Izzy is talking about is the number of parts vv

• Izzy (izzywriter)Izzy (izzywriter) commented  · 

This is already a thing. It can be seen next to the three lines and dots, to the right of the number of votes and reads.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I 100% second this - I'd love to know how many people have added my story to their reading lists. Knowing how many have added it to their library would be even better still.

• abglabgl commented  · 

Wattpad have this before. It is placed on the right part of the page when you are reading the story, inlined with multimedia and casts. Also, in the old Wattpad, there is a part on the profile wherein you can see which stories are dedicated to that Wattpad user

Hope that those features will be back again soon!

• InfamousInfamous commented  · 

I also agree this would be a good feature! I would love to see how many people in total have added my stories to their reading lists.

I would recommend just showing a number rather than a list of reader profiles as many add stories to their private libraries, it's private for a reason.

I think this would be a beneficial feature, it seems daft to have votes, reads, comments and other statistics that show what countries read your work most yet not a total for those who have added your work to their libraries.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It can't be just me...
        I can see how many reading lists my book is in. Just go to your profile and it will tell you. But it would be great to know how many libraries a book is in!

• DiamondDiamond commented  · 

I definitely agree with this, I like knowing my story has been a seen but I want to know if anyone has decided to continue reading it!

Although as far as the pixilated covers, they give h a recommended height and width in pixels. If u follow that then the cover will be fine it only gets pixelated cause it's too. If it too small

• Anonymous commented  · 

Not only that, but it'd be nice to know when someone has added this to their library as well as their reading list. Please fix this problem soon. It is quite annoying and tiresome to even think about scrolling through my notifications, especially since I've been on Wattpad for almost 3 years now.

• FroxtBFroxtB commented  · 

This has been under review for about 1 year.
        Still no progress on this?

Come on Wattpad... either this, or let us post high quality book covers which don't get pixelated as soon as you upload it on here.

Some people spend hours trying to make a decent book covered and it quickly gets ruined by the choppy uploading system on Wattpad.

Not Fair.

• TiffanyTiffany commented  · 

I think it's more useful to know how many people added your story into their library.

• CalliopeBlytheCalliopeBlythe commented  · 

I was about to suggest this! I'm glad it is already being reviewed. However, if they don't want to put the number for everyone to see, at least the writers should know how many, maybe add it to the analytics? Or just simply somewhere where writers can see it.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We used to have this feature, actually. I wished they kept it though, because what you said is so true.

• Thais MorimotoThais Morimoto commented  · 

I'm pretty sure we used to have that until they deleted the "who's reading" feature on the side of the story

• MarianMarian commented  · 

This would be very handy

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base