I suggest you ...

Make Multi-Author Function

This would allow multiple people, with a limit of 20, to collaborate on the creation of a book. Each person could post a chapter in it without the consent of the others.

To make the book, you fill out the description, title, and cover, then send the proposal you just made to another user (for example, @joe), showing him my ideas for the book. If he hits "accept co-author request," he is now a co-author. If he declines, nothing happens. An author may not back out of the book. Any user may put, in their settings, an option to NOT receive any co-author requests, to avoid spam. Any author who wishes to be part of the book, but has not received a request from a current author, will NOT be allowed to do any sort of requesting to join himself. This must be negotiated through normal private messages, if at all.

There must be a private chat for the authors of the book, for discussion of plot and things like that.

Any of the authors will be allowed to edit any of the chapters.

This feature will allow for many awesome types of reading/writing activities, such as:
-TagTeam books
-Much funnier fan fiction
-Better books (Think The 39 Clues, it's written by many authors and is successful)
-Great compilations of short stories, scary stories, etc.
-Unbelievably easy writing contests
-Great advice books

2,378 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Miles ThompsonMiles Thompson shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

136 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This is unexplored an unexplored territory, which makes this idea unique and progressive. I think it's quite brave and appreciate the writer suggesting this. As to how does one make a proposal? When reading and enjoying other people's work, one is surely begin identifying with stories that appeal to them. If you happen to be that lucky chap, then just contact the author and kindly extend a complement...after which you may proceed to let them know the nature of your request. I'm sure the person at the other end will be delighted. Chances are, the product will be brilliant. Besides, must we really wait around for wattpad to "approve"? Please, give me a break. They kindly provide the space, and it is your choice how to utilize it...with the outermost respect for the rules of the site.

• Anonymous commented  · 

How do you make a proposal?

• LunarfoxxLunarfoxx commented  · 

how do you make a proposal

• Anonymous commented  · 

How do you send a proposal to someone??? someone please help me??

• Dezzah123Dezzah123 commented  · 

im confused how do we send proposals to another use????????????????????????///

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm confused. Do we need to copy the exact same information in our profile?

• Jinsoo JangJinsoo Jang commented  · 

This would be great for the younger witers to have so they can have a beta reader.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I would love this feature because it would then allow me and a friend to edit it separately and then actually collaborate with me

• nobodynobody commented  · 

how do u send a proposal

• anonymusanonymus commented  · 

how do you send a proposal for the co authoring?

• infinite-oceaninfinite-ocean commented  · 

This is great because it means you can easily arrange with someone to edit your or their book!

• ZeldaTPFanZeldaTPFan commented  · 

Amazing idea! This could be awesome for RP!

• Isabella LoisIsabella Lois commented  · 

I have a friend who I sometimes ask to help write a chapter so we have to go and copy ALL our work to send each other but with this I can finally do it easier so PLEASE Wattpad make this!!!

• SamSam commented  · 

This is an amazing idea! I have always wanted to write a book with someone, but none of my actual friends like writing! This would be a great idea to meet new people who have the same passion as you!

• Anonymous commented  · 

How do you send the proposal?

• Anonymous commented  · 

add it, it would be really helpful

• Anonymous commented  · 

This idea is amazing! To write a story with my friends we have to make a whole new account for us!!! This would be ssooooo much easier!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I write books with my friends and my followers think it's all me and I hate that, this would make it so much better

• Anonymous commented  · 

How long does it take for something to be UNDER REVIEW. IT HAS BEEN NEARLY 2 YEARS SINCE THIS IDEA WAS MENTIONED. DO. IT. WATTPAD.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Feedback and Knowledge Base