I suggest you ...

Username Changer

I want to change my username, but when I do, the user people have to notify me with is different. I wish that when you change your username you have the option to change the user that goes along with the @ symbol as well. I hope someone understands what I'm talking about.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JovaniJovani shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    answered  ·  Mary M.AdminMary M. (The Wattpad Team, Wattpad) responded  · 

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. the two different things you’re talking about here are: your display name (the larger name on the profile) and your username (the name with the @).

We make them separate because you might want a certain display name, but it isn’t valid as a username or the username might not be free.

Hope this helped!

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LusRodrigoLusRodrigo commented  · 

Hello seipstar,

Your username is probably not valid or the password you entered is incorrect.

Hello Lawrence Pettener,

On the same tab where you can view your notifications, below you have the SETTINGS option. It is possible to change user name, password, display name, e-mail and more.

• LusRodrigoLusRodrigo commented  · 

Oi Priscila Maria,
        Se você lembra a sua senha, basta ir na aba configurações. Lá é possível trocar tanto a senha quanto o nome de usuário. (palavra-passe e nome de utilizador, respectivamente.)

• Lawrence PettenerLawrence Pettener commented  · 

There seems to be information about changing the username, but is there a place to actually do so?

• Priscila MariaPriscila Maria commented  · 

Estou tentando trocar minha senha, mas o wattpad precisa me enviar o e-mail. Estou esperando já tem uma semana. Como posso proceder?

• Anonymous commented  · 

What the **** is wrong with this app 100 times rested password still it says wrong password i can't change my user name this app is literally worst

• seipstarseipstar commented  · 

Hello, I am French, I try to change my username but it does not work, the window remains displayed but the modification does not take effect. Yet the new chosen does well between 6 and 20 characters. What should I do ? Is it because my account is too recent (a few days)?

Thank you for your help

• SelimSelim commented  · 

hesabım yokmu oldu şimdi çok saçma!

Takma ad değil kullanıcı adından bahsediyorum örnek:(@abcçdef)

Şimdi adamın biri kullanıcı ismimi almış kullanıyor ve ben giriş yaparken kullanıcı adımı veya e postamı girdiğim halde hesap açılamadı hatası alıyorum

Hesabımı ne zaman aktifleştirebilirim?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I want to change my account and little stuff and need to know how to make account like sign in from online im confused

• Anonymous commented  · 

I forgot my username and my email address but i still remember my password. How can i log in with my account?

• RunithRunith commented  · 

Is there a way to change the @ name ? I really would like to change mine and I don't want to have to recreate an account for that ... :<

Feedback and Knowledge Base