I suggest you ...

Username Changer

I want to change my username, but when I do, the user people have to notify me with is different. I wish that when you change your username you have the option to change the user that goes along with the @ symbol as well. I hope someone understands what I'm talking about.

2 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

JovaniJovani shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    answered  ·  Mary M.AdminMary M. (The Wattpad Team, Wattpad) responded  · 

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. the two different things you’re talking about here are: your display name (the larger name on the profile) and your username (the name with the @).

We make them separate because you might want a certain display name, but it isn’t valid as a username or the username might not be free.

Hope this helped!

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • seipstarseipstar commented  · 

Hello, I am French, I try to change my username but it does not work, the window remains displayed but the modification does not take effect. Yet the new chosen does well between 6 and 20 characters. What should I do ? Is it because my account is too recent (a few days)?

Thank you for your help

• SelimSelim commented  · 

hesabım yokmu oldu şimdi çok saçma!

Takma ad değil kullanıcı adından bahsediyorum örnek:(@abcçdef)

Şimdi adamın biri kullanıcı ismimi almış kullanıyor ve ben giriş yaparken kullanıcı adımı veya e postamı girdiğim halde hesap açılamadı hatası alıyorum

Hesabımı ne zaman aktifleştirebilirim?

• Anonymous commented  · 

I want to change my account and little stuff and need to know how to make account like sign in from online im confused

• Anonymous commented  · 

I forgot my username and my email address but i still remember my password. How can i log in with my account?

• RunithRunith commented  · 

Is there a way to change the @ name ? I really would like to change mine and I don't want to have to recreate an account for that ... :<

Feedback and Knowledge Base