I suggest you ...

CREATE AN UNDO BUTTON

I spent three hours writing probably the best chapter I have ever written and I accidentally highlighted the whole document and deleted it all. Everything is gone. The best thing I have ever written in my life is gone. And I can't get it back because there is no undo button. I want there to be an undo button because I'm sure it would be a lot less frustrating (and less painful) for authors, like myself, to have more control and not be worried to make a few mistakes that can be undone.

120 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Heather SmyHeather Smy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gdveiga16gdveiga16 commented  · 

Como faço para passar as páginas arrastando para o lado?

• Franceliapoole63Franceliapoole63 commented  · 

By accident I have two account (franceliapoole63) and chippyfjp@gmail please delete chippyfjp@gmail and let me keep franceliapoole63 @gmail thank you

• helenruthhernandezhelenruthhernandez commented  · 

OMG This happened to me. I still think they should have something so it's saved automatically. Why? Because this happens. It would save all of us the trouble. Writing it in other places is great, but what about the times you get a great idea, and you just have to type it down, and you happen to be on the chapter you want to write it down, on and then boom something happens and it's gone. But if they had to automatically saved, this would have never happened. I'm just saying, it would be a lot better, and time-saving.

• jerry joejerry joe commented  · 

Did you really not know about the "Z" function, as I'll refer to it as? That, I thought, was one of the most basic computer functions… Looking into computer classes would prove quite helpful if you didn't know this kind of thing… I'd suggest that before you get ANY other kind of technology, even a phone. But the question I ultimately have is this: How could we know if that chapter is the "best thing" you've ever written? Calling it that makes me beg to differ…

• AbbyAbby commented  · 

There is a revisions option where you should be able to recover what you wrote

• CassidyCassidy commented  · 

If you're on a computer, you can go to the ellipsis at the top right of the page. There should be a thing called revisions and once you click on that, you should be able to go back to when the chapter was last saved

• RachelRachel commented  · 

hit ctrl or command then hit z on the keyboard, and it'll probably undo it.

• RaelynnRaelynn commented  · 

Do command/control z

• Kaan BuyukyaprakKaan Buyukyaprak commented  · 

Önerim Var!
        Hikayelerimizi Yayımlamadan önce Önizleme Butonu Olsun Bölümlerin Nası Gözüktüğünü Bazen Bende Merak Ediyorum Yayımladığımda Farklı Gözüküyor Eger önizleme Butonu Gelirse Bu Sorunlar Ortadan Kalkar
        By: dunyadanbiuzayli

• aysebasorenaysebasoren commented  · 

Şöyle bir tavsiyem var ; mesela biri isteyerek bir diğer kişinin kitabındaki yazıyı kendi kitabında kendi yapmış gibi gösteriyor bunun engellenmesi gerekiyor bence.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Couldn't you just go back to revisions?

• Aspyn V PinesAspyn V Pines commented  · 

This is why you always, always, always write offline on another program (like Microsoft Word or Google Docs) and then upload it when you're ready

• nooshynooshy commented  · 

Theres a wattpad review button in the same spot where you can unpublish/publish a chapter where you can recover a previous version of that chapter, i hope this helps :)

• FoxInFlameFoxInFlame commented  · 

Even though you can sometimes do CTRL+Z, or CMD+Z, it's frustrating when you can't undo more than a few steps... Yeah, an undo/redo button would be awesome in the web editor. Plus, the iPhone Shake to Undo thing is really annoying and hard to use as well.

• UstaQueen1221UstaQueen1221 commented  · 

I prefer to write my stories on a word processor before putting it on Wattpad. That way, if there's a mistake, or if I just want to read over it first, it makes it a lot easier. That way there is a backup if something were to happen. Plus, there is an undo button on Microsoft Word.
        If you can't afford (or just don't feel like buying) a word processor, there are countless free ones online. My favorite so far is OneDrive. It is very user friendly and can be accessed by any computer.

• HannahHannah commented  · 

Yeah, as ElpisGames said, 'control' 'z' works on mac when this occurs.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base