I suggest you ...

CREATE AN UNDO BUTTON

I spent three hours writing probably the best chapter I have ever written and I accidentally highlighted the whole document and deleted it all. Everything is gone. The best thing I have ever written in my life is gone. And I can't get it back because there is no undo button. I want there to be an undo button because I'm sure it would be a lot less frustrating (and less painful) for authors, like myself, to have more control and not be worried to make a few mistakes that can be undone.

120 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Heather SmyHeather Smy shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RachelRachel commented  · 

hit ctrl or command then hit z on the keyboard, and it'll probably undo it.

• RaelynnRaelynn commented  · 

Do command/control z

• Kaan BuyukyaprakKaan Buyukyaprak commented  · 

Önerim Var!
        Hikayelerimizi Yayımlamadan önce Önizleme Butonu Olsun Bölümlerin Nası Gözüktüğünü Bazen Bende Merak Ediyorum Yayımladığımda Farklı Gözüküyor Eger önizleme Butonu Gelirse Bu Sorunlar Ortadan Kalkar
        By: dunyadanbiuzayli

• aysebasorenaysebasoren commented  · 

Şöyle bir tavsiyem var ; mesela biri isteyerek bir diğer kişinin kitabındaki yazıyı kendi kitabında kendi yapmış gibi gösteriyor bunun engellenmesi gerekiyor bence.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Couldn't you just go back to revisions?

• Aspyn V PinesAspyn V Pines commented  · 

This is why you always, always, always write offline on another program (like Microsoft Word or Google Docs) and then upload it when you're ready

• nonfictionsimnonfictionsim commented  · 

there is already a feature for this on the web. go to the '...' icon and to the bottom and click 'revisions'. if it saved, it will be there.

• nooshynooshy commented  · 

Theres a wattpad review button in the same spot where you can unpublish/publish a chapter where you can recover a previous version of that chapter, i hope this helps :)

• FoxInFlameFoxInFlame commented  · 

Even though you can sometimes do CTRL+Z, or CMD+Z, it's frustrating when you can't undo more than a few steps... Yeah, an undo/redo button would be awesome in the web editor. Plus, the iPhone Shake to Undo thing is really annoying and hard to use as well.

• UstaQueen1221UstaQueen1221 commented  · 

I prefer to write my stories on a word processor before putting it on Wattpad. That way, if there's a mistake, or if I just want to read over it first, it makes it a lot easier. That way there is a backup if something were to happen. Plus, there is an undo button on Microsoft Word.
        If you can't afford (or just don't feel like buying) a word processor, there are countless free ones online. My favorite so far is OneDrive. It is very user friendly and can be accessed by any computer.

• HannahHannah commented  · 

Yeah, as ElpisGames said, 'control' 'z' works on mac when this occurs.

• ElpisGamesElpisGames commented  · 

You can just use ctrl+z to undo a change. It works on Wattpad as well.

• CazCaz commented  · 

If you're writing on your computer/laptop and do this, it's awful. I've done this on countless occasions before I realised that if you right click on the now empty page, click the 'undo' option and it comes back. If you're on your phone, then I'm sorry I can't help :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base