I suggest you ...

Wattpad Convention

I think it would be cool if there was a Wattpad Convention. Wattpaders could meet their followers and their favourite authors. It would also be a great way for people to promote their stories, or even gain followers.

1,391 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mile❤Mile❤ commented  · 

I agree with this Convention, cause we can meet each other (followers etc). I think it will be cool, but it's true what Lily says, it's dificult to travel to the other end of the world (for example). And it's expensive and if you're underage you can not travel alone. I love this idea! It will not be easy, but if we make an effort, each of us, we can achieve it. ♡ Love this app! ♡

• Mile❤Mile❤ commented  · 

Comment of Lily: *it's not

• LilyLily commented  · 

I read some of the comments and i think it has to be also in south América(like argentina) because i speak spanish and it's so easy to travel to another country

• LilyLily commented  · 

Yes, it's a good idea. I want to know my readers. Maybe, you can do it in different places. So we don't have to travel a lot

• JanJan commented  · 

I have an unpopular opinion here, but I'll say it anyway. I don't want Wattpad conventions for the sole reason these famous authors write the same books over and over again with slightly different characters and slightly diverse plots. Good for them if they get published, but getting even more attention for unoriginal ideas? I haven't found a single good book on Wattpad that doesn't have a cliche and has actual work put into it. And although some books I've read come close, the authors aren't famous because what they write is actually something worth reading. So I vote against this. Sorry. But I will support this if they start recognizing good authors.

• LizLiz commented  · 

It could be held at one place, decided by the wattpad team, and hold it there every year. Like maybe New York, London, LA

• MilesMiles commented  · 

Were would it be held though? I live on the east in a small town in Maryland

• infinite-oceaninfinite-ocean commented  · 

I would love this. We can't just do it ourselves because e-safety

• LazyRainbow773LazyRainbow773 commented  · 

I suppose in the 'activity' file displayed on our profile, this is already a very similar idea.

• Nicole SalinasNicole Salinas commented  · 

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes I agree 100%

• Anonymous commented  · 

Anyone can make this. Wattpad does not hosts wattcons. Users like us acts upon this grandeur and makes it come alive. Team up with wattpadders you know or search on the clubs to find out who would like to help you form one!

• MarieMarie commented  · 

I've said it before, this is a great idea, but many of the comments are right. There're more countries that want this activity. It can't just be in the United States and London alone. I mean, obviously it would happen there, but how about South America, Canada, Spain, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic and many others. I mean wattpad's biggest population IS Americans and people that speak English, but there's also the Spanish speaking population. I for example am a Spanish writer, but I can communicate in English. All my readers speak Spanish, and they've told me that they want this to be a thing, but that it would be sad that it was only in English and that it wouldn't visit their country. It's obvious that it would be hard to go to every single country, but an estimate like artist do would be awesome.

• CloeCloe commented  · 

I love this idea!

• Anonymous commented  · 

How can people start a convention? I know from an ambassador that the WattCons that happened in the past wasnt made or started by Wattpad company.

• Anonymous commented  · 

That is an excellent Idea butttt what about those in third world countries, african nations, places affected by war and some other 'unpopular' countries? I doubt they will have the oppourtunity to be involved.
        That said, its still a great idea!

• Anonymous commented  · 

There are two different ones: one in NYC and the other in London (coming up)

• xMishxxMishx commented  · 

This definitely needs to happen in Australia!

• liesjeliesje commented  · 

yeah that woud be great. But please do it all over the world , cause i ive in belgium and i dont want to go to america or so just for wattpad convention

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be amazing ;) please Wattpad we have vidcon for the Youtubers but what's about the wattpaders we need Wattcon

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base