I suggest you ...

Series/Sequel Option

Most people don't read sequels because it means saving another book. It should be that once we finish the first book, we could have like a new chapter after that has the next cover, then we can keep going as if it was one book. Basically we should be able to add a page that is just a picture

2,713 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

NicoleNicole shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

79 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AMS1971AMS1971 commented  · 

I did that with my "Slippery Slopes" volume that consisted of 7 novellas. At the beginning of each new book, I added a new cover. I could have put the covers on a page separately before each new book, as I did when I added 'parts' to my "A Thin LIne Between Love & Hate" volume. It was pretty simple, I just used the 'add photo' tab then began the next part of the story on the next page.

• Princess-TakumiPrincess-Takumi commented  · 

This is a seriously good idea, a lot of books and stories on Wattpad (including my own) have sequels or are part of a series. If we could have a simple button- ideally, on the page with the book's info- I think it could potentially help authors gain more recognition with easy access to more books with the same characters that they already know and love.

Opinion written by Princess-Takumi.

• Anonymous commented  · 

You could just post in one book but have a chapter in between showing the second books cover.

• BettyBetty commented  · 

This should most defiantly become an option! Especially when you have more than one book series. How are you supposed to know which is which when people don't say? Also it would be good as then you'll be able to tell the series order so numbering them would be good too. I hope two good things of doing this sway's wattpad's mind to allow it or create it.

• darkoceandarkocean commented  · 

This right here is why so many writers just keep going in the same book.

• OpheliaOphelia commented  · 

I said the same thing, and I do it myself, but only in my short-story series. I never do it with full-length books because it just seems so sloppy and unorganized to me.

• FroxtBFroxtB commented  · 

Oh look, another post under review that hasn't been added to Wattpad

• Tyronickah BuckmireTyronickah Buckmire commented  · 

Wow, actually I'm doing this with my own book series, I just started book two right after book one.

• darkoceandarkocean commented  · 

This would solve the problem of those "super" books that are actually a series all in the same book. Good thinking.

• unknownunknown commented  · 

I love the idea and think there could be something. you should also be able to join books together but separating the votes and comments. maybe even have a special folder for it as well.

• S C Tomas (@Granuja)S C Tomas (@Granuja) commented  · 

I disagree since the sequel could be worse than the first one, but both would share votes and comments (wich would make it look better than it actually is).

• Anonymous commented  · 

PLEASE DO THIS ASAP!!! ALSO AN AREA TO EXPORT THE BOOK INTO WORD FOR WRITERS

• QueenofRohanQueenofRohan commented  · 

Since many authors on Wattpad have a series with many books I think it would be a good idea to have a book pack. So in the book pack you can have a book pack cover of the series and then you can have every book in the series to be in the pack, kind of like a folder.

• ToriTori commented  · 

This would help so much!

• KayleeKaylee commented  · 

I agree with Jordan. I don't think I would add the sequel to he first book. Sometimes I don't read a sequel because I enjoyed the first book so much that I don't want it to be ruined by the sequel. If that makes any sense at all

• andreandre commented  · 

hello everybody please check out my blog mots123.wordpress.com

• Anonymous commented  · 

I feel like the works get messy really easily if we are writing multiple series' at a time. Imagine you are writing four different series' and each series has like three books in it (messy works I think. And confusing!) So, I think we should be able to make folders for each series and shove all the stories from that series in them. I think this should apply to android, IOS and web etc. It'll make it easier to know what we're meant to be writing. In the end, the less time we have to spend finding which story is meant to be with what series and which story we are trying to work on means more writing and publishing and then readers will be happy when they find a nice complete series! (I don't know if this applies to everyone but wow does it apply to me!)

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base