I suggest you ...

Star system

Please please do something so that we can give a story like 5 stars if it is really good and so on. It would help people to just recover GOOD stories and not just stories with tons of reads.

1,428 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • CarrieCarrie commented  · 

I like this idea in general. I think it could have a lot of promise, but would like to ask that if implemented, please allow the search engine to search by current rankings AND by star ratings at our choice. An option like we have with searching for all stories or just completed stories, add one for searching by star rating as well. It would be nice to see what turns up that might have been at the bottom of the list otherwise.

• JanJan commented  · 

I love, love, love, love, LOVE this idea! Too many **** books are getting reads, votes, and comments. This would even be a cool new category to the Wattys by getting "Highest 5-Star Average Rating" or something. I believe this could make Wattpad soooo much better. However, many spammers and trollers may take advantage of this new feature should it be added. I agree with a comment below saying they need to type a reasonable review rather than just putting in one star and saying "this book sucks!!1 i wish i could give it zero stars" or something like that.

• lessaratelessarate commented  · 

Please, please, please do this. It would make wattpad sooo much better.

• Princess-TakumiPrincess-Takumi commented  · 

Personally I think this would be a better system than the "vote", since it would allow us to be more specific about how much we enjoyed the book, or chapter. And if it's limited to one out-of-five vote per account like the votes, then that will (mostly...) prevent trolls from spamming a book they hate with one-stars, since I can see that being a concern.

Opinion written by Princess-Takumi.

• TaynuTaynu commented  · 

That would be great

• Anonymous commented  · 

This would be a great help to Authors!

• Chandreyee ChakrabortyChandreyee Chakraborty commented  · 

Excellent idea! This might be a valid step to resolve the "vote trading" issue.

• Moongirl1012Moongirl1012 commented  · 

Yeah, like once you complete a book, it gives you the option to archive. It should also give you the option to rate the book overall.
        1 star...2 star...3 star etc..

• darkoceandarkocean commented  · 

Yes! If a reader thinks the whole story is good they could give a 5 star vote, that's be great. And for those book give it a temporary push up in ranking.

• Anonymous commented  · 

it could also be an option maybe? So the people who are worried about trolls and hater can just turn it off.

• Anonymous commented  · 

how about five star system for people who have read the book throw and have it at the end.

• Anonymous commented  · 

No! Let's not give haters or tolls a way to put down stories.

• RayeRaye commented  · 

This is not really accurate though...because everyone's stories will have five stars on it anyways. If fans are reading stories from there favorite author, the story is going to get five stars either way.

• Ashleigh ParkersAshleigh Parkers commented  · 

I totally agree! At the end of the book especially, the reader could give an overall rate and review of the book

• Tanner BurkeTanner Burke commented  · 

I feel this is a great idea. I see people in the comments talking about trollers and such being able to do one star just to be rude, which I agree with. I think we would need to also have a reasoning feature with this, where they would have to insert the reason they rated the story this way or that way. It could then be reviewed by WattPad HQ from there and if it was good reasoning such as 'I love it's plot and the grammar is just amazing', they could add the rating. But if it was something bad such as 'this book is so bad' WattPad would review and decline it. They would then leave a notification to the person who left the review saying their reasoning was invalid. Other than that, this is a great idea! I'm voting for it!

• darkoceandarkocean commented  · 

While this would be fun to have it would be way to easy to abuse, I also don't want this added. Lets not give the haters and trolls yet another weapon, please don't vote on this.

• PhoenixFreak002PhoenixFreak002 commented  · 

I don't like this idea, first of all- people can vote one star just to be mean, and second of all, this would make new and undiscovered authors IMPOSSIBLE to be seen, as everyone would only open the 5 star stories

Please do not add this.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I really like this idea, but there are a few problems. One, people could give it one star just to be mean and two, the lowly viewed stories could have 3 viewers that are friends that give the story 5 stars just so they don't hurt the friend's feelings and a poorly written stories could have 5 stars. But overall I love the star system.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base