I suggest you ...

Help Undiscovered Authors

Stories are chosen for the lists based on an algorithm system. That's unfair. If new and undiscovered stories don't appear on the lists, how are they going to get noticed? Some stories are in neither of the 3 sections which are hot, undiscovered and trending. All stories should make the list even if at the bottom.

2,961 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mahnoornajeeb1mahnoornajeeb1 shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

242 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

I am working so hard Day and Night to make sure I do this the correct way, only to find out, the website not the app does not even know what I have written I could be. How do i get my work on here notice by you.

• Anonymous commented  · 

So true I don't even understand algorithms much believe that it's the best way to get great writers or better , the books maybe filled with terrible grammar and still it's ranked. I can't understand how that helps me or writers that good and then come online to find that your work has not ever looked at by the administrators of have no clue how much you can do! I don't understand!

• ElsaElsa commented  · 

Please! If you want to be noticed, work for it!
        How do you think those authors have done? Their stories didn't appear at the beginning either!
        I don't know why people want everything so easy!
        You want to be discovered! Just work, wait and have fun while your story is growing.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

While I see the good intentions behind this, I don't think it would solve anything. People will still complain their book is not noticed. In the huge sea Wattpad is, not everyone is going to get noticed. You need to work for it. Work hard, put out quality content, stay in touch with people and market yourself instead of expecting for rewards to come to you by themselves.

• GreySupremacyGreySupremacy commented  · 

Also, in the list of "What's new?" are books that aren't new at all and have millions of views.. HOW IS THAT NEW

• LilyLily commented  · 

Yes, you are right. The "undiscovered" are actually discovered. They have thousands of votes. Maiby, you can put a sección that is really undiscovered. When i look forma a book, the first boom that appears is the one with more votes. If you could change that, you will improve your app. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  · 

That's a pretty good idea, as I've also noticed that the "Undiscovered" sections is actually quite discovered, and is now home to stories that have thousands of reads. Admittedly, it's a little unfair to the writers who are just getting started.

• erika lozanoerika lozano commented  · 

Yes, you have all the reason. In other pages they have a principal page where they show all the stories as they are updated. I think that it's good if in Wattpad you want to have "Hot" "Feautured" and "Undiscovered" but if you had a list with all the stories (no for position) and filters to can show stories in other langueage you would be better.

Sí, tienes toda la razón, en otras páginas tienen una pestaña principal donde muestran todas las historias como se van actualizando. Pienso que está bien si en Wattpad quieren mantener sus listas de "Destacados", "En ascenso" y "Sin descubrir", pero si tuvieran una lista donde se muestren todas las historias (no por posición) y filtros que muestren historias en otros idiomas ustedes podrían ser mejor.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I have a book that I have been planning for a long time and I know that from past books I've posted, they are still going unnoticed. I think that many people would like my book, but I know that there are others that are much more popular than mine, so mine won't be shown that much. I don't want to go around telling people to read my book either.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is exactly what I was about to post. The virtual anonymity of quality undiscovered authors is so frustrating

• Anonymous commented  · 

Another really big problem I've noticed with most of the recommended books, at least in my case, is that a lot of then don't have the best grammar. So it's really annoying to see the same, maybe 100 stories when only five or six of them have good writing or a style I like.

• Eliot EverdeenEliot Everdeen commented  · 

Yes, yes, yes, yes! I switched here because I've seen people get published from this site. I want my stories to be noticed so that when I finish my original stories people actually say, wow, this book should get published. If I never get on any lists, and nobody every sees my work, this will never happen.

• Jae VıxenJae Vıxen commented  · 

I agree with mahnoornajeeb1. Plus people make it to the top not because they're writing is great (not saying some aren't) but because they did read for read and whatnot. I have too much on my plate to do read for read. And I write way more than read. Why should I be forced to fake read someone's story just to gain readers. I try so hard to be on the undiscovered list. I actually promote my stories and I went from 6 readers to 32 readers in a day. It's not much, but it's better than fake ones.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Verdade! Acabei de começar uma estória, que contém 3 capítulos, 29 visualizações e 35 comentários, e os comentários é porque EU respondo! E algumas visualizações é por conta do pré-view. Eu desejo muito que vocês, do Wattpad, levem em consideração essa petição. Minha estória está lá para o ranking de 600. Como alguém ira vê-la? Dêem um jeito de ajudar novos autores. Pois se isso continuar, ficaremos desmotivados e desistirem os de nossas obras.

• PloiuiuPloiuiu commented  · 

We should have a facebook page or a promo account Wattpad to help these author. no promo but as ploiuiu, I'm welcoming new writers good luck! Hopefully, this issue will be resolve since there's a lot of people asking and have hopes to be read! What I mean is that as ploiuiu (my username) it's hard for me to help new writers when all I see is the popular and a lot of views of people. There's no filter. I know Wattpad changed a bit because in each theme action, fanfiction, teen stories, romance, etc. there's a list of new stories and I'm more grateful. Just keep finding ways to help us "new author."

• VianceViance commented  · 

I know, I know. It's annoying and it frustrates everyone. The people in charge of running Wattpad, and the writers on Wattpad themselves. When I first joined, it was so much more easier to be discovered and get reads. I just do not understand why it is more difficult to do so. I've done constant research and I've observed here and there, it just does not add up. Please help us!

• Liz PinckneyLiz Pinckney commented  · 

I'm really new to Wattpad, and I've just started posting a story. Whenever I try to find it, it's nowhere to be found. I'm here for feedback, but I can't get any if nobody sees my story!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base