I suggest you ...

Sort Library as Reading lists

I think that with the 'sort library as' choices, specific reading lists could be added in there so you could easily pick out any reading list you want to read a book or books from. If you have over a hundred books in your library or something, it would be much more convenient to sort library as 'reading lists', pick which reading list(s) you want, and choose a book to read from there. This way, if the story you want is at the very bottom of your library or something you don't have to scroll that far down.

1,346 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

fangirlingfangirling shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

70 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ParsnipParsnip commented  · 

Good idea if they are still private

• MichelleMichelle commented  · 

Yeah, I agree as well. I decided to organize my library by putting stories that I've read and haven't read into reading lists. I wanted them to be private but there was no option for that so it would be nice if they added a private option.

• SheilaSheila commented  · 

I agree. This would be super helpful because I have over 500 books in my library and it takes forever for me to find a specific book.

• Robyn WhiteRobyn White commented  · 

This would be helpful as well as a filter that lets you know which stories are available offline. That way you know what is open offline even if you hadn't recently read it or it was just added to your library.

• FatimaFatima commented  · 

I for one- DEFINITELY Need this! I was going to make more reading lists in my library when I realized that those would be public- and there is no private option! It would help immensely if:
        1) We could sort our library into "bookshelves" (labeling them, putting them in different "tabs", etc)
        and
        2) We could search WITHIN our own library. (I have over a thousand books lol. Sometimes I think of a book I had started reading when I joined Wattpad but never finished... yet, it's so hard to load ALL those books and scroll to the never-ending bottom, I usually give up after ten minutes and twenty reloads..)

• SargentSargent commented  · 

This is such a good idea. I know that I always have tons of books that I add to my library to read later and often I don't get to them because I can never tell which ones I've read and just want to keep and which ones I actually have to read. I realize that we do have the archive function but a lot of the stories I read are constantly updating and are back in my library anyway. It would be so much easier and keep everything much more tidy so you don't keep searching and searching for a book you don't know if you've read or not

• CalliopeBlytheCalliopeBlythe commented  · 

This is such a great idea! I very much support this and hope that wattpad takes this suggestion into consideration when updating the app/site.

• HaleyHaley commented  · 

My Idea is to have folders for the library. I know there's a lot of people who have some books that they don't want to put into a public reading list (granted we all probably have some) and personally I have over 2000 books in my library. I think it would be great if we had the ability to not only have the folders but be able to sort books into whatever type of folder we want. It makes the process of finding the book you want to read faster. Yes, I know there's a search function, but I can never seem to find the right book. I have many variations of genres in my library and I would love to just be able to go to the genre/topic I'm looking for and find it without having to dig deep through my entire library (it takes hours....). HELP ME IN THIS, PLEASE!!!

• KaitlynKaitlyn commented  · 

If you want a tidier library, like I do, and want to sort stories into separate folders. Say you want (for example) Harry Potter fanfiction all in one folder titled "Harry Potter" so it won't mix with, say, Supernatural and the such. It will make it much easier to find certain stories and makes the library much tidier.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I was about to write that! :3 Good job!

• wpwp commented  · 

I think we should do this for all collections of books eg. library and the works displayed on our profile so it isn't just one homogeneous list that never ends. Especially since I have random poetry, short stories, actual stories, and one shots just floating around everywhere and confusing the **** out of people. It'll be good to be able to organise them either by genre or content like with reading lists so followers that just read poetry can fond them easily, or those that just want oneshots.

• AmeliaAmelia commented  · 

I think that; you know the drop-down menu, at the top of your library? You should be able to make categories and organise the stories in your library using them.

• EmmaEmma commented  · 

I agree with ⬇It should be for Android too.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This should be for android too. Actually, this should be on all platforms.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Can we get this? I really want to have this!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I love this! I have a load of books in my library and that makes it hard to find the one I want.

• LeleLele commented  · 

Yessssss please

• EmmaEmma commented  · 

Yes! I love this idea, I mean, I have TONS of books in my library of all different genres, so it gets kind of annoying trying to scroll through a bunch of books to find on in the genre I'm in the mood for.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

That would be very helpful! And as a mostly fanfiction reader, maybe filter out certain names or tags to sort them too so you're not blindly searching for a certain fandom/ship (happens all the time to me)

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base