2. Suggestions or Feedback

Wattpad Community Help
Hi Wattpadders,

Our Uservoice forum will be closing down on January 13th. After the 13th please feel free to submit product feedback through help.wattpad.com. We are always happy to hear new ideas and ways we can improve the product for you!

Happy reading and writing!

-Wattpad Team

I suggest you ...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Original Stories ONLY -- A Petition for a Crackdown on Wattpad Plagiarism

Wattpad is too passive in its handling of plagiarism, and needs to proactively subdue it out of respect for its community and for authors in general. They can do this by making their policies stricter, actively discouraging uploads not created by the uploader, recruiting moderators from the community, and allowing third parties to report infringements. My suggestions will be reinforced by comparisons to Gamejolt.com's policies against similar infractions, since I used to work there as a site moderator and know how effective those policies are.

I write this on behalf of myself and many other internet authors who are sick…

154 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for your feedback and suport. We have a “zero-tolerance” policy on plagiarism. We ask users to make sure they wrote, own the rights to, or have received permission from the copyright-holder before any content is uploaded to Wattpad. Users are encouraged to report any potentially infringing content for investigation. If an upload violates the content guidelines, it is removed.

There are over 250 million story uploads on Wattpad and upwards of 300,000 new uploads are added every day. We rely on an in-house community team, a global team of ambassadors and a proprietary algorithm to monitor the platform to ensure users are not posting other people’s stories as their own. It’s a monumental task, but one we take very seriously.

Hope this helped,

• CREATE AN UNDO BUTTON

I spent three hours writing probably the best chapter I have ever written and I accidentally highlighted the whole document and deleted it all. Everything is gone. The best thing I have ever written in my life is gone. And I can't get it back because there is no undo button. I want there to be an undo button because I'm sure it would be a lot less frustrating (and less painful) for authors, like myself, to have more control and not be worried to make a few mistakes that can be undone.

120 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

answered  ·  22 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →
      • French Wattys in 2016

Hi,
        I'd like next year's Wattys to have a French category too. We're lots of French members and we'll all like to have our place in the competition too. So, what I mean is that French people would like to read winning stories in their language. Please anwer.

50 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  IOS  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone!

Thank you all for your feedback, comments and interest in the Wattys. We are still working on planning, organizing and finalizing the awards for 2016, but what we do suggest at the moment is to make sure that you follow the Wattys profile: https://www.wattpad.com/user/TheWattys

We will be broadcasting the final list of languages there, as well as other Wattys-related news.
          For additional information, please also visit The Wattys contest page: http://wattys.wattpad.com/

Thanks again!

• Draft stories to become private from everyone

Create the option of making draft stories private from even followers. It's more of a hassle of having to only post it on the site after a draft has been written elsewhere. And if something happens to the person's computer etc, the work won't be lost.

36 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

answered  ·  24 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →
          • Auto Update

So sometimes I would lose some connection from the internet. And there is no way to update my story. Please add a feature where after we completed writing a chapter we could set what time or day the chapter is updated. In this way, readers can expect an exact time when a chapter will be updated. And maybe post automatically the time toward the news feed. Maybe you could also add the 'the pacific time' thing for those who live in other countries. And I remember I saw a post in suggestions which is giving some rewards for followers. I…

36 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

answered  ·  3 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →
            • Mature Content (on/off)

I think that in the discover there should be a mature content (shown/hidden) button, so underage readers don't have to run into mature content, and 18+ can find something. More interesting

25 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IOS  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thanks for the suggestion. However, users are already blocked from seeing any mature content if they are under-17 (based on their date of birth that they entered on sign-up).

Additionally, on the web, if you are a mature user, you have the option of filtering out mature stories.

Hope this helped!

• Recommended stories shouldn't come back when I dismiss them

It doesn't make sense that a story that I have 'dismissed' comes back ten minutes later. It shouldn't appear on my home page after that...

13 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

answered  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →
                • Clear Newsfeed

I want to be able to clear my newsfeed. It's a waste for me and it keeps comments about books I had deleted months ago. I want the ability to clear it.

7 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

answered  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
                  • please consider this for underage users

My account will be deleted in 20 hours because I'm underage (12). I will be turning 13 in just a few months. In the last one year I've been on wattpad, I've gotten 660+ followers and made so many friends. i have books that are successful, and I think it's unfair that I'll be deleted after all the work I've put into my account.

I know you might be like, "You should have considered that when you signed up and read that you were 13 or older." or, "Underage users shouldn't even be on wattpad."

If you try and find…

6 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

Hi there!
                      Thanks for your feedback. To say it simply: this is not a question of fair or unfair, it’s one of responsibility. Users have the responsibility to work within our Terms of Service, and we have our own responsibility to work within the law.

Our Terms of Service state a minimum age not just for safety purposes, but for legal purposes. Accounts are closed without notice because the ‘warning’ already exists in our Terms of Service, which we require you to agree to when you sign up.

While this could seem unfair, this is not an arbitrary decision – this is made in reference to legal decisions that allow us to both post in the App and Play stores, and not get in trouble with the police.

The opportunity to use Wattpad is there when you turn 13 years old, and remains an option for every year after that.

• Completely delete traces of any story an author has chosen to delete

When I choose to delete any of my stories, I do it with the intention of that story staying deleted. But it has come to my attention that some of my deleted stories remain in some readers' libraries, where they are still commenting and attempting to vote. Please wattpad, rectify the situation. I deleted those stories for a reason and it makes me very uncomfortable to know that people can still interact with said stories. Thank you.

5 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for the question. Users cannot interact with deleted stories. The only possibility is that they may still be able to read it while their app is unsynced – meaning that they do not have an internet connection. Once their app is synced, however, the story will disappear from their library/reading list.

Hope this helped!

• Getting notifications when someone adds your story to their libraries

if we see who and how many people add our story their library then it would be awesome! Please do this. We need this.

4 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

answered  ·  10 comments  ·  Android  ·  Admin →
                        • Account settings

I am an old user of wattpad and i am really really happy when wattpad have grown up better like now and even more. There something i still wondering bout the account, i just lost all my work on the wattpad cuz i lost my facebook ac. Sadly i cant log in anymore into wattpad with the usual ac. I tried to get in there with my email i wrote before in the settings, hoped it will work but it useless. May you can try to update the new helpful in the account setting, then user like me can log…

3 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  IOS  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our community forums are best used on “how to” questions. If you need to contact an agent about a bug or problems accessing your account, access https://support.wattpad.com . You can also visit https://goo.gl/VwA5By to know the top issues we’re currently fixing.

To find all available guides on how to use Wattpad visit https://goo.gl/SzBHGH

Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

• Two genre book?

I was wondering, what if my book was 2 genres? Fanfiction and Short Story... which one should I choose? (It's about after the book allegiant, but every chapter is only 200 words or so. I wanted it to be like that, in blips)

2 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

answered  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
                            • No more harassing

There is a girl that keeps harassing people and she will NOT stop. She has harassed 2 of my friends and she comments swear words on books that are suppose to be child appropriate. I see her commenting on my favorite book over and over again harassing the author and causing the authors depression to get the best of them. The author was considering taking her life due to the harassment from this user. The author has asked the bully multiple times to leave her alone and to stop commenting on her book, but she keeps harassing. This is a…

2 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

answered  ·  2 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →
                              • Username Changer

I want to change my username, but when I do, the user people have to notify me with is different. I wish that when you change your username you have the option to change the user that goes along with the @ symbol as well. I hope someone understands what I'm talking about.

2 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

Thanks for the suggestion. the two different things you’re talking about here are: your display name (the larger name on the profile) and your username (the name with the @).

We make them separate because you might want a certain display name, but it isn’t valid as a username or the username might not be free.

Hope this helped!

• Private messageing

I cant private message anyone. I message them and for some reason they are not getting my texts but i get theirs. I asked my friend if she got my messages i sent yesturday and she said that she did not get any messages. Can u fix the bug plz?

1 vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our community forums are best used on “how to” questions. If you need to contact an agent about a bug or problems accessing your account, access https://support.wattpad.com . You can also visit https://goo.gl/VwA5By to know the top issues we’re currently fixing.

• Remove private messages.

My 15 year old son was bombarded by very sexually explicit private messages. I am not happy about him using this app any more as I thought it was just for messages about stories and books. It is disgusting, inappropriate and dangerous for a widely available app such as this to allow this to go on.

1 vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

answered  ·  4 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →
                                    • iits not working

Ok so in was hoping to make a new book on wattpad but for some reason when I clicked on the new book button after waiting for soo long it would not like come up I kept on trying and still it doesn't work

1 vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

• put the log in with facebook option back on the app log in screen.

put the log in with facebook option back on the app log in screen.

1 vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  other  ·  Admin →

Hi there!

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Wattpad Forums!

The option to log in with Facebook is available on both the iOS and Android apps now. Feel free to submit a Support Ticket should you have problems finding this option.

Thank you!

• Language

Hi. I'm a Filipino reader since 2010. I noticed that the language setting is not working or rather even if I change it to English, most of all stories listed are in Filipino

1 vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

2. Suggestions or Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base